Some thoughts from this weekend....
- Florida busted out the orange jerseys for the first time since yours truly was a junior at UF, which is only fitting because back then our offense was just as boring and predictable as it is now. Back then it was Emmitt left, Emmitt right, Emmitt up the middle, punt. Now it's dive play, screen pass, incomplete pass, punt.
- Alshon Jeffery should send Lane Kiffin a fruit basket for his little motivational ploy over a year. Thanks to Kiffin telling Jeffery he'll be home "pumping gas" if he didn't attend Tennessee, this kid has blossomed into perhaps the best receiver in college football. Around this time in 2012, Alshon will own a chain of gas stations, which is good considering he'll be driving an extremely expensive car with really poor gas mileage.
- Does anyone want to play Michigan State? Anyone?
- The Miami program is officially dead. It wasn't going to get any better than it got this year thanks to some subpar recruiting classes (to go along with subpar coaching), and if you thought attendance sucked before Saturday...just you wait. The Miami Northwestern-Carol City game will attract more fans.
- Speaking of really shitty coaches, I'd like to thank Steve Addazio for another brilliant night of play calling. For the 2010 season, UF is averaging a deadly 0.85 yards on first down. Suddenly UF's senior-laden offensive line can't block anyone. Let's see...who is UF's offensive line coach...oh yeah, Steve Addazio.
- UGA got back on track just in time for another player to get arrested. This is the off the field equivalent of going for two with a 5 touchdown lead. UGA is lapping the field like Secretariat in the Belmont.
- In spite of what happened at the Rose Bowl last season, Oregon should be ranked #1 ahead of Ohio State.
- I've come to the conclusion that Les Miles is an extra terrestrial being from another planet.